are my fish compatible with german blue rams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
i currently have 1 red tailed shark 1 angel 3 guppies (2 platies and 1 molly that i will probably get rid of if i get the rams) i want to add 2 german blue rams in with my fish. i currently have a 20 gallon tank with a fair amount of planting and a few ornaments for the fish to hide in. will they be ok or will the be bullied or will they bully any of my fish? i know there is a thread about the rams but i dont want to scroll through 32 pages to find the answer lol thanks in advance

the red tail shark will not be okay with them, they would occupy the same space and have territorial issues.

that sucks. i really like my shark oh well i guess i will have to make a sacrifice then if i really want the rams.

he is a bit moody but only when he is eating. if the fish come into his area when he is eating he chases them away. other than that he is really calm. he has been in the tank since he was really small and grew up with the fish so he isnt that bad. i think he is gonna have to go back to the pet store soon :(

I have a rainbow shark (similar to red-tailed) that lives in a 55g with a blue ram. I hardley ever see them interact, but 20g might not be enough space for the two.

Back
Top Bottom