Are we sure this is a boy Krib??? More Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yankeeslover

Aquarium Advice Activist
sorry about posting more pics..but i just got more pictures... this doesnt look much different them my existing female Krib...this one is only lacking the color... my other threads everyone said this was a boy.... i dont see how this is a boy by these pics...thanks

IMAG0534.jpg

IMAG0535.jpg

IMAG0536.jpg

IMAG0537.jpg

I would say that is a female. Round tail and even though it is very light it does have the pink belly. when ever getting a gender ID I ask people how they know. 1. so I learn and 2 it weeds out the guessers.

Lovely...I figured it was a Female.. Now what? will they co-exist in a 75 gallon tank? The chasing has seemed to subside since yesterday. I dont really care about having a male and breeding since its in a tank with tigerbarbs and a rainbow shark and the fry would have no chance anyways to survive... If I were to get a known Male would two females and one male co-exist or should I just keep it as is? thanks

Really depends on the fish. I had two pairs of GBR that would not coexist in a 75 but others claim they have had more pairs in a 75. If your original female's aggression has subsided then possibly. As far as m/f ratio ideally you want 1/1 the odd female would get killed.

It is a good idea to stay away from breeding. You will get aggression issues and a bunch of fry you have raise for 6 months before you can get rid IF you can find someone to take them as they are very common. I have run into this problem with firemouths and convicts. i try to avoid breeding at all costs.

It is a male. I own a pair. Look it up on google! The female will be smaller with a black spot on the end of top fin. And i know because i just had babies from the pair so believe me or not its a male.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The black spots aren't good identifiers cause males will have them aswell. Look at the tail and dorsal fin and round pink blotch. I just did a quick google search check out this video and you can decide for yourself.

How long is the fish? Although males do develop a pink hue in the belly it normally doesn’t happen until they are fully mature.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom