Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #1

auratus

Wanted to share this little guy, found him a hiding spot behind my breeder box lol its crazy how the tides have turned b/c he used to bully my other auratus now since yesterday its been him getting chased so probably going to trade him since the other has the nice black belly I like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130117_173936.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	144972  

Old 01-18-2013, 12:00 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeh they are very aggressive. I've got one that will take on fish twice his size. I just added two more small ones about two months old. Anxious to see how they change the temperament in my tank.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:01 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Based on your color discriptions, are you sure you don't have a male and female?
Old 01-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'd almost bet that the one shown is female and your other with the black belly is a male.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #5

The one on this thread I think is male got him wen he was small and he has grown. I only think that b/c he started out chasing the black one through the tank and now its the other way around so who knows I have another larger female that neither really bothers so 3 in total.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

I had a female auratus that started out bossing my male around but the tables quicky changed. Hang on to it for a bit, if possible to see if it goes through color change.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:56 AM   #7

Yea I was waiting on that black coloring but since I found one already witch is the one this guys been beefing with I'm jus going too keep the older female and the black male. And I think he is male got him wen it was very small so a color change might happen

Tags
auratus

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com