Awesome read for those starting out or for those who jut want a great read!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here's an article that's been published on the forum by a forum member. He shares his knowledge and first hand experience with certain kinds of Cichlid's. He also offers up advice on stocking Cichlid's, something I wish was out before I started. You always learn in this hobby and this individual took a lot of time to put this great article together.

I wanted to post the link to it so that others may enjoy it as much as I have. I'd like to personally thank Andy for his hard work in putting this together. Read it and absorb it, and then read it again.

Great job Andy and hope this isn't the last of your articles!!

The Con

Enjoy all you Cichlid lovers and those that are thinking about keeping them!!

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/lake-malawi-aquarium-stocking-cichlids/

Thanks Dino, and thank you to all that talked with me and discussed this article with me before hand. This is truly a family here at AA

Andy

The article which I hope is one of more to come covers more of Lake Malawi Cichlid's your fish I believe are native to the amazon river which this article doesn't cover. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.

Great job with the write up Andy.

I'm glad we have dedicated members here willing to take time out of their schedules to write something of this nature up or a lot of the beginners here and even the seasoned aquarist looking to venture into cichlids.

Malawi Freak said:
Great job with the write up Andy.

I'm glad we have dedicated members here willing to take time out of their schedules to write something of this nature up or a lot of the beginners here and even the seasoned aquarist looking to venture into cichlids.

Thanks I am glad too. Thank you for your time aswell it was great talking to you

Last edited:
I don't keep Africans, but the article was a great read! Keep up the good writing.

Alyxx said:
I don't keep Africans, but the article was a great read! Keep up the good writing.

Tanks

Russelmartin55 said:
That's a GREAT article it really helped my on finding more info on haps!!!

Thanks
Haps have been doing a lot of changing over the years. If I remember right those books are probably outdated.

Thanks
Haps have been doing a lot of changing over the years. If I remember right those books are probably outdated.[/QUOTE]
Yeah a a bare minimum, what would be the smallest tanks haps could live in?

Russelmartin55 said:
Thanks
Haps have been doing a lot of changing over the years. If I remember right those books are probably outdated.
Yeah a a bare minimum, what would be the smallest tanks haps could live in?[/QUOTE]

They are free roaming swimmers plus most of them get big. So I would recommend a 6' tank. At less you can keep the smaller ones then I would shoot for a 90 gallon or 75.

Andrew McFadden said:
Yeah a a bare minimum, what would be the smallest tanks haps could live in?

They are free roaming swimmers plus most of them get big. So I would recommend a 6' tank. At less you can keep the smaller ones then I would shoot for a 90 gallon or 75.[/QUOTE]

Ok lol! I love them but I don't think im
Ready for
That bigg of a tank. Definetly gonna get some kind of cichlid ! Do exited:) :)

Back
Top Bottom