Babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boglem

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my fish seemed really inactive and wasn't eating so I assumed it was sick and moved it to another tank by itself. After a few days I have now come to realize a bunch of tiny fish in the tank. She had babies. So I moved mom back into the main tank to prevent her babies becoming a snack. Now what to do? What's the best procedure for caring for these new fish? Feeding, lighting, WC? How long will it take for these new ones to become a good sized?

As far as how long until nice size depends on lots of factors. For example feeding, water changes, type of fish, etc.

It doesn't take much to grow fry up, just feed them 2-3 times a day (small amounts) and they'll live to be another fish in your tank. You can feed them finely crushed up flakes, powdered food, or live foods (which are the best).

Always wait til they are to big to be eaten to release them into the main tank. I usually wait til they are at least 1cm (1/2 inch)

Back
Top Bottom