bald spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kgrayy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,
My tank has been established for 5 years, always had cichlids and never had any problems, the cichlids in there now were born there (kind of an accident, not planned). There are five lake malawi cichlids in the 55 gallon tank. This morning, one of them has about eight 'bald' spots on each side of its body and its fins are a little torn. He is the normal aggressor, not the one being picked on generally so I don't think that is the issue. I haven't observed him flashing at all lately so I also have ruled out that they're just rub spots. Water change and gravel vac was done about a week and a half ago, water parameters are all normal, he ate this morning and last night as usual. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

best pic i could get is attached

Attachments

• 100_1979.jpg
    100_1979.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 73
Kind of hard to tell from the pictures but doesn't look like any disease but indeed does look the victim of aggression to me. As long as he's eating keep your water quality high and see if there's not improvement within a week.

Back
Top Bottom