Battle rams!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just rescaped the wc ram tank and it appears one female wants the others cave with the male. The males face is all beat up from lip locking. He was guarding the other entrance, can't see from this angle. do they lay eggs in caves? Thought they were open water spawners.
Battle rams - YouTube
***Turn volume down***
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Awesome video! Love the micro bubbles from the water change. ( yea I would notice that)

Thanks! I've had them for a while and never once witnessed this behavior. The smaller one was pissed, at the end of the vid she stares me down big time! Microbubbles would probably be from the co2;)

They will lay them wherever they feel they will be safe. One of my pairs uses a cave, another paid uses piece of slate, yet another only lays on plant leaves and the last pair isn't picky.

They will lay them wherever they feel they will be safe. One of my pairs uses a cave, another paid uses piece of slate, yet another only lays on plant leaves and the last pair isn't picky.

Hey dragon! So what is your professional interpretation of this behavior?

What are the other fish in your tank?

8 rn tetra, 3 neons, 1 cardinal, 2 green neon, 4 habrosus and 3 false Julie corys, 1 zebra oto.. may be an amano shrimp or 2 and some assassin snails.. oh yah and an oscar of course..

Hey dragon! So what is your professional interpretation of this behavior?

Ha, my "professional" interpretation is that you're seeing some spawning behavior. Be ready for some eggs soon but don't be surprised if they eat them. GBRs aren't always the best first time parents. Or even second, third, fourth time for that matter. I still have to steal the eggs from mine.

I'll let them do their thing.. i have no interest/means/time to raise fry at this point. 7 corys will help with birth control too me thinks

Back
Top Bottom