Been bit by the ram bug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patryuji

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Microgeophagus Ramirezi... so many topics and pictures of late that I went and checked a few places out today.

Now, what I want to know is how a ram will do with semi-aggressive bottom dwellers...in fact my tank is quite full of bottom dwellers (see sig). I have plenty of hiding places and the cories don't even use hiding places anymore since I increased their group size. The skunks are busy chasing eachother around most of the time but the sun loach is fairly aggressive in defending it's territory though it doesn't venture out very far from its chosen territory.

If I get small rams should I let them grow out in the QT for an extra month before introducing them into the main tank?

Does anyone have loaches and rams in a somewhat space limited tank? (29 gallons)

I have an apistogramma living with loaches and he holds his own - the loaches are the less aggressive ones (clowns, polkadots, and striata) but - they get very boisterous when they are feeding........only thing he backs down to are the keyholes when he has intruded into their territory

however - when I was getting my loaches I didn't get the skunks because of their reputed aggressive natures.

sue

i have kuhli loaches and 2 german blue rams in a 30 gal and they get along fine... kuhli loaches don't come out that often, but the rams get along with everyone in the tank... i have tiger barbs which are supposedly semi agressive, along with gold gourami's and they love life. ha ha

Well...for aggressiveness I'd rank it like this with the loaches I have kept:

Tiger
Sun
Skunk

The skunks really just chase eachother and rummage around with the cories. Almost never bother the cories. The sun is very territorial I have noticed most of the rams in the local stores are very small (unless I get them from Petco which has 2" rams).

Back
Top Bottom