Best Budget LEDs for Cichlids..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Tex

Aquarium Advice Addict
im a big DIY guy, and big on savings. that being said i refuse to pay for a +$250 led light system and i wanna know whats the best leds for cichlid aquariums on the cheap..? if i can utilize my old hoods, awesome, if not, ill build it, im a 2-way communications technician and i can solder with my eyes closed lol so dont hold back on the tech side either. i know i need a mix of cool white and blue, and i have a 55gal with dual hoods, so whats the best to use..? thanks in advance guys!

I pd 100 for this one. It's a single 48 inch w 460actinic and 10kwhite. Made by aquatic life. I hide mine under the stock flourescent hood in place where the t8 bulb would go. I think 2 24 inch won't fit under yours but 2 20's would

Attachments

• image-4270510572.jpg
    image-4270510572.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 200
I pd 100 for this one. It's a single 48 inch w 460actinic and 10kwhite. Made by aquatic life. I hide mine under the stock flourescent hood in place where the t8 bulb would go. I think 2 24 inch won't fit under yours but 2 20's would

Got a link..? I would love that setup it's perfect!

http://www.bigalspets.com/expandable-freshwater-led-light-fixture-8-w-20.html. That's the 20 in h that's diff than one I have slightly. It has red LEDs too mine doesn't. Below I'd like to 24 of my exact kind. Don't see that in a 20 inch but they should make it. It's half blue 460 and half white 10k LEDs.

http://www.bigalspets.com/10k-460nm-expandable-led-light-fixture-9-6-w-24.html.

Sweet, but my tank has the center support in the middle so ill have a gap of dead light space in between the bars, that's the issue I have now.

That current led light looks awesome, why is it so inexpensive? Is it just that great of a deal? I have the marineland double bright, but am thinking if ordering the current 48 inch, just for the hell of it. The remote that let's you customize light, also all the different effects? Anybody have experience with this light?

I run a aqeoun strip light comes with 3 slots to customize your lights it ran me 80 bucks. And had a mood light setting ... Marine land also makes great led lights. Single nd double bright r both great!

I run a aqeoun strip light comes with 3 slots to customize your lights it ran me 80 bucks. And had a mood light setting ... Marine land also makes great led lights. Single nd double bright r both great!

I have the aqueon ones on my ten gallon with all three lights. I picked it up on clearance for about $15 total. Personally I prefer the marineland ones though

Ye me too I gr mine on clearance for 67 plus taxes Ed might not be thinkin of the same lights they got a few diff fixtures. The only reason eh y I grabs these was they were sold out of double brights !

But I don't mind the eqeuon at all ! So far so good! Been runnin it for a few months now. And everything looks good!

Ye me too I gr mine on clearance for 67 plus taxes Ed might not be thinkin of the same lights they got a few diff fixtures. The only reason eh y I grabs these was they were sold out of double brights !

Having an employee discount doesn't hurt either lol

Sweet, but my tank has the center support in the middle so ill have a gap of dead light space in between the bars, that's the issue I have now.

Oh if you're running open top the. Go with the 48 I have!
http://www.bigalspets.com/10k-460nm-expandable-led-light-fixture-21-6-w-48.html.

Only timing is no separate switch for moonlight. Which is overrated in my opinion. My fish hate it. BUT I also have the current USA led+ being delivered today for my 36 gallon and if you look it up in YouTube it's nice an its cheap at pet solutions and dr foster smiths site

Back
Top Bottom