best cichlids to mix with peacocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidheaven

Aquarium Advice Regular
I heard mabuna was good any others picking up some new friends soon pics are a plus and vids

Mbunas can get very aggressive. Peacocks are peaceful. They shouldn't mix. However I can't talk. I have mbunas, peacocks, and tropheus all in one tank.

Mbunas can get very aggressive. Peacocks are peaceful. They shouldn't mix. However I can't talk. I have mbunas, peacocks, and tropheus all in one tank.

I have a mix as well, if you get some species that mix keep an eye on them and be ready to take the appropriate action if some become to aggressive

Funny story... A fish guru once told me. "I told tell my fish there not suppose to be with other fish, that's racist. "I won't tell them if you don't" lol. Just thought it was funny. This was coming from a high end fish farm actually.

I have tried to not mix my Peacocks with my Mbuna (its very tempting) but like said previously, the Mbuna are agressive and the Peacocks are really mild. I have a goldfish in with my Peacocks (rescue that was supposed to be only short time) its been in there for 4 to 6 months now. I think that it has taken on the traits of the Cichlids lol
I try now to ensure I dont tell someone "Do Not do that" if I dont have specific personal experience with the situation. :)

Don't judge a book by its cover! Mdawg, The sweet precious family dog you have as a profile picture does not insinuate that you'd readily take in a goldfish refugee. Peacocks and goldfish living together, madness! However I've witnessed crazier things. Like a dog nursing an adult cat:)

Tbox, I like fish and this one happend to be Orange and White (Tenn. College Football Colors) So I may have a soft spot :)

Cichlidheaven, Andrew gave good advice I cannot speak personally for I have not mixed but there are alot of smart folks on here that have experience with mixing, like Andrew so take in suggestions, make an educated decision and then watch closely for any needed lineup changes :)

So far I've added one red zebra a blue kenyi and one I can't spell or say but its a red belly something lol its like a green with black thick strips and a redish belly ill add picks but there doing fine with the peacocks

Good Luck and watch closley, many of them do ok when they are young but as they mature and especially when the sexy time starts, they can get mean.

Lol yea there doing fine just did a major clean up and reascape so far the ob is still holding down the fort love the way things are going I mean there's battles hear and there but nothing abnormal hear is a pic hope u like well ill add the pic once the app stops crashing lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130301_113615.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130301_113615.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 70
  • ForumRunner_20130301_113654.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130301_113654.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom