Best food ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daveydoodle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I understand that "the best" food may vary between species, as individual dietary needs may be different, however I was wondering if there was a general consensus on the best diet to provide for my young (1.5" - 2") tank. I have a Dempsey, Green Terror, and a Firemouth. They're in a 70 gallon and at this young age seem to do well with sharing food. I've been providing a variety of foods, including; Hakari Cichlid Gold, Wardley's Cichlid Pellets, Frozen Brine Shrimp, Frozen Daphnae and feeder fish once or twice a month. I will continue to provide a variety, but what is the best recommendation for the staple of the diet?

i would think that your current feeding regiment sounds good, i personally wouldnt use feeders bought at a store though...if thats where you get your feeders especially gold fish. i would switch the feeders for frozen bloodworms and remember just because your fish will eat a certain amount of food doesnt mean they "need" to eat as much, i usually give my guys @ least 1 day of fasting during the week.

Remember that feeding live feeder fish will foster aggression. If you stay away from feeders, you can turn an aggressive fish into a semi-aggressive, and limit the potential for injury between the fish you want to keep.

I just picked up this food yesterday. Its a Earthworm flake. It has earthworm , Sprinula, Brine Shrimp in it!

Back
Top Bottom