Best Lighting temperature for Africans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmarine

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm not posting in the hardware section because this is specifically for cichlids. What is the best lighting temperature for them? I have a 48" Dual bulb Glo T5 HO fixture on my 125, and I feel like they hide a lot because its too much light. I bought it used with bulbs so I'm not sure on the exact spectrum/temperature, but one bulb is white and one is a pinkish. Is there better bulbs to get for Africans to make them more comfortable and show their colors better?

I have a combo bulb from AH lighting supply. It has one actinic blue and one 10K. It is really nice. Its 2 96 watt strips on a 6 FT tank. Lots of light

I'm not posting in the hardware section because this is specifically for cichlids. What is the best lighting temperature for them? I have a 48" Dual bulb Glo T5 HO fixture on my 125, and I feel like they hide a lot because its too much light. I bought it used with bulbs so I'm not sure on the exact spectrum/temperature, but one bulb is white and one is a pinkish. Is there better bulbs to get for Africans to make them more comfortable and show their colors better?

Those are some nice planted tank bulbs. I'd get t8s and whatever spectrum is attractive to YOU!

And is it the light thats scaring them?

Heres why i think its the light:
When i have the light on, they find the darkest spots in the tank and sit there, and then when i turn it off, they come right out and swim again. I feel like there is no other reason except for the light. What should i do?

And is it the light thats scaring them?

Heres why i think its the light:
When i have the light on, they find the darkest spots in the tank and sit there, and then when i turn it off, they come right out and swim again. I feel like there is no other reason except for the light. What should i do?

Try leaving the lights off for 24 hours straight. I have found this helps the more light skiddish fish. How long have they been in the tank?

Back
Top Bottom