Best Wet-Pet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LayzorBeams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Possible getting a 55 or a 75 for my Bday, and might be able to beg for a 125 :)

Any ideas on a wet-pet? Looking closely at Amph genus but most will do, I'm willing to order online from someone like Rapps or a larger company thats has good stock.

Mostly i want the possibility of a major glass-banger.

Im also ok with a pair of fish as long as i can interact with them...

So yeah, fire away.

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Get the 125 tank.
My top 3 would be:

1. Oscar
2. Flowerhorn
3. Red devil

Enjoy.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Get a dovii don't be scarred of a dovii lol

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A multi colored red devil is nice too

You do know that dovii reach 24+" and should not be kept in anything less than a 220, but bigger is definitely preferred. This is the second time I've seen you make this horrible suggestion for tanks that were too small, please stop.

OP, I would wait for hukit, mike or freak to comment those are the wet pet guys, but A. atromaculatum is a real nice fish.

You do know that dovii reach 24+" and should not be kept in anything less than a 220, but bigger is definitely preferred. This is the second time I've seen you make this horrible suggestion for tanks that were too small, please stop.

OP, I would wait for hukit, mike or freak to comment those are the wet pet guys, but A. atromaculatum is a real nice fish.

It's a joke don't be so sour.

It's a joke don't be so sour.

Stop making terrible suggestions then....I too have seen you do this in the past and a joke has no place in an online forum unless it's completely clear to anyone that reads it...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just remember other people will read through this once and never post. They can and will take this seriously. I know you joke with the op but others don't.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I see you tubers with dovii maybe it could be a future investment if they decide idk but whatever I'll respect your opinion

I see you tubers with dovii maybe it could be a future investment if they decide idk but whatever I'll respect your opinion

I did get the joke, but i also would say that its not a great idea to do, just for the sake of others...

And it is a cool fish but they grow fast as lightning and i would have to find and buy a 220 within like 1.5 years, and probably sooner... But they are a really beastly fish!!!

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Pumpkinseed sunfish!

They are a nice looking species of fish... I catch them regularly at the ponds nearby, so i know that they can be stunners. Im not sure how interactive they would be living alone though, and that would seem to me to be a big tank for a 6 inch fish. Good idea though :)

Oscar or sev (y)

Ive done Oscars before, i do like but i want to experience something new. I would want Sevs as a group in like a 75, not really a wet-pet fish IMO.

Grammodes

Jesse

Ohhh, the Mini-Dovii? They are cool as well, and the aggressive attitude is clear just from the name. I wouldnt mind on of these in a 75... Would probably do a pair in a 125.

Get the 125 tank.
My top 3 would be:

1. Oscar
2. Flowerhorn
3. Red devil

Enjoy.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Getting the 125 isnt really up to me, it would be a gift from my parents. Its a chance but a small one... Simply because my floor wont support the weight of all these tank, so i wouLd have to switch rooms with my lil' bro for the ground-level... And cost is a thing. I would need some type of filters and stuff as well... Its a possibility, but not a huge one.

I do like the RD and FH, i wouldn't want to do Oscar again simply cause i want to try something new.

So far the best bet for me is a 75 with an RD, a nice 8" male from my LFS. Its colored white and bright orange, big lips too. However, if i find another fish with an attitude and appropriate size, I'm down.

Feel free to suggest options for the 125 still, its not impossible for me to get it.

Back
Top Bottom