Better color???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmyatx30

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does the type of light make a difference on how well the fish color up???
IE natural sun light
LED
T5
Fluorescent
Thanks in advance.

Light spectrum will have a greater effect than light type. Certain spectrums bring out certain colors while diminishing others. Assuming that you are feeding a good quality food, the fish are in good health and contain the colors you are looking for, ask the store where you see the fish what type of lighting they are using to compare to what you will be keeping them under in your tank. Ask about specturm as well as bulb types. (y)

They do make the fish appear different, I believe the LED make the fish show up best, black fluorescent bulbs make GloFish show up well, T5 is good but I think that's more for plants but always affects fish well, and you probably won't get natural sun light to make the fish show up well

I do get natural span across it in the morning. Not much and for long but it does get it if I pull back the shades.
Have LED now.
Was just wondering if light type made a difference.

It really only matters to African Cichlids who like high intense light, makes them more active, brightens their colors, and gives them a better day/night schedule. Some fish get stressed by high light but really with light it doesn't matter too much unless you're trying to grow plants

Back
Top Bottom