Bichir and oscar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bwanny

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys I just wanted to spark a quick discussion of this question, What does everyone think of putting both a bichir and two Oscars in a tank? Has anyone had luck with bichir in oscar tanks? I didn't know if the aggression of either one would beat the other. I currently have two large Oscars and didn't want my Oscars to get beat up or let the bichir get beat up if I were to get one. Please let me know if you've had Oscars in bichir in the same tank before and let me know your experiences with them in the same tank. Is it possible?

Thank you![emoji1]

It's not the best combination and you have to remember that Oscars eat worms so if the bichir is small enough to fit into the Oscar's mouth, ( even just the head of it), the Oscars will probably try to eat it at some point.
From my experience, you want to keep fish and "things" with Oscars that are larger than the Oscar's mouths. I've had them get rocks stuck in their mouths as well as fish that took a week for them to digest. Oscars are just garbage cans when it comes to food. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom