Black Diamond Cichlid with Africans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RAH

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I was wondering if a Black diamond cichlid aka P. polleni (i think that is how it is spelled) will go good with some african cichlids not really sure which to get. I'm just wondering if it will go alright in a 55 or would a single one be best. This is just an idea too so if its a bad idea don't attack me like wolves lol

alone in a 55g. The local lfs had a 5" and it would kill everything in a 4 foot tank; and the store only had it less than 1 week. It killed its current tank mates and would not allow any new ones. It might work in a bigger 6 foot tank, but the tank mates have to be just as aggressive and strong.

Andrew McFadden said:
I would keep it in a tank by its self or get a bigger tank. I think a 55 would be kinda pushing it a little for two

I never said two. But like I said just a thought. Also I hear they are like oscars with their personality do u know if this is true

RAH said:
I never said two. But like I said just a thought. Also I hear they are like oscars with their personality do u know if this is true

I haven't heard that and all I can go on is from what I've heard from here and other forums. I have heard some people keeping them with fish from the same area that will get pretty big and that can take somewhat of a beating. I don't even think I've ever see one like rocksor said he has. But in a 55 I think I'd leave it as a single fish. Or upgrade to a much bigger tank. If you want to try and keep it with others.

When I said two I meant that and another african. Sorry if I miss understood

Last edited:
Andrew McFadden said:
I haven't heard that and all I can go on is from what I've heard from here and other forums. I have heard some people keeping them with fish from the same are that will get pretty big and that can take a beating tho. I don't even think I've ever see one like rocksor said above he has. But in a 55 I think I'd leave it as a single fish. Or upgrade to a much bigger tank like he said above if you want to try and keep it with others.

When I said two I meant that and another african. Sorry if I miss understood

Sorry but not to offend you but I really can not understand what you are saying fully. "From the same are", Is that area?

I never said I was going to get one this was an idea. I may in the future but not now at least.

RAH said:
Sorry but not to offend you but I really can not understand what you are saying fully. "From the same are", Is that area?

I never said I was going to get one this was an idea. I may in the future but not now at least.

Oops ya its area sorry :)
I know you are just asking I was just answering or trying to
Sorry again for the concussion :)

Back
Top Bottom