Black Electric Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AddictedtoFishNoW

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, I just purchased today, a Black Electric Cichlid, Sciaenochromis fryeri, usually come only in a blue color.. I wanted to know if anyone has or seen this kind of colored electric cichlid and where I can find more information about them :D

I am not sure what fish you got but as far as I know there is no black color morph for Sciaenochromis fryeri. Perhaps it is a small juvenile that hasn't started to color up? Pictures always help.

It's definitely an electric blue but its pitch black with slight nous glow around his mouth.. its very distinguishable because his mouth gives him a mean smile ;j how can I take a pic and make it smaller

AddictedtoFishNoW said:
It's definitely an electric blue but its pitch black with slight nous glow around his mouth.. its very distinguishable because his mouth gives him a mean smile ;j how can I take a pic and make it smaller

How big is it?!

AddictedtoFishNoW said:
ah finally stop typing from the phone :D, I think I might of found a picture online, that resembles him ,, Gallery of Tropheops

"tropheops intermediate

That makes more sense than a back color morph of Sciaenochromis fryeri, I've been looking around online all day and couldn't find anything.

Tropheops are actually Mbuna.

there are actually black sciaenochromis fryeri, google shows it. from the sounds of it and the amount of matches i got, it could be a female electric blue fryeri. or a tropheops, but u seem very certain its a fryeri. please for the picture :)

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
there are actually black sciaenochromis fryeri, google shows it. from the sounds of it and the amount of matches i got, it could be a female electric blue fryeri. or a tropheops, but u seem very certain its a fryeri. please for the picture :)

My guess is female electric blue or a tropheops or even a hybrid because I looked at fish profiles on cichlid forum and I didn't see a black fryeri.

Ok so I found thats pic on google of a black electric but not sure if it is as google is sometimes wrong and it is a fryeri

Attachments

• SuperStock_1848R-513917.jpeg
    SuperStock_1848R-513917.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom