Black little spots on cichlids HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishlover1234

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What are the little black spots appearing in 2 of my 4 cichlids? (3 inch red blood parrot fish) They usually swim around and are very active and lately the one getting the spots the most is usually lingering only on the bottom. I have a 46 gallon, 200 penguin filter for 50 gallons, a large bubble stone, heater kept at 79 degrees, and a 3 inch Oscar.

Ok the Blood Parrot Fish that had the black spots still has them, but they seem to be getting a little smaller but they are still very visible. I still don't know what happened to him but none of the other fish have any black spots on them (2 other blood parrot fish, 1 cichlids severum and 1 Oscar about 2.5 inches). Just tested my water and Water conditions are perfect. However, I have noticed that the all my fish with the exception of the Oscar remain hidden behind the plants and some barrels I have as decoration. My Oscar is a bit bigger than my parrot fish, and I have seen him chasing them around a little. Guy at the pet store asides they would all get along just fine. I don't want my fish to be unhappy. I guess I will give it a few more days and see what happens .

Attachments

• IMG_1597.jpg
    IMG_1597.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1599.jpg
    IMG_1599.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1600.jpg
    IMG_1600.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom