Blood Parrot Cichlid/Parrot Cichlid/Bloody Parrot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MossyOakMama

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have only one. What can I put with it? I have 2 huge plecos. Sand bottom. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388780645.153450.jpg
Need any help to make sure they r happy happy happy.

What size tank and what is the filtration? What is your water change and feeding like? What type of plecs are they?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388787848.750127.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388787875.613095.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388787892.698332.jpg

Here's a pic of both of them. One does have to spots like the other one does. I named them Bonnie and Clyde.

Parrots should be in a group 2 or more. I have yellow labs with mine and they do great!

Parrots do not have to be in pairs, and two common plecos in a 80 is overstocked. They can grow 2 feet long and need about 150g just for those two. I would try to find them better homes. Also, I see you have a redtail, that's a good start for the blood parrot. Blood parrots can be aggressive, so depending on your individual fish you can keep anything from tetras to South American cichlids. If you got rid of the plecos you could do a bushy nose Pleco, a firemotuh cichlid, and a school of tiger barbs.

Only thing my lfs says give with nothing in return. I will start looking for a 200 gallon setup. Thanks. Also my parrot will follow u if u go by and charge at the glass.

Back
Top Bottom