blood parrots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boomboom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was told by lfs owner that blood parrots fish were very hardy fish and can withstand brackish water also when they are babies they are greenish and turn colours as they mature not quite sure of infor so I though I would ask the forum

They're hardy, but they're not brackish. They are green when they're young though, and they turn redder as they get older.

Mine were not green but were gray with black bars. They slowly started to show "white" patches that turned yellow. The yellow then turns to a pinkish color then into red. They are hardy but as Hrafnkel said, they are not brackish. If they are a bright green, they are dyed fish. They should be a gray coloration.

My parrots were a dingy yellow when I got them, they are now a pretty pinky/orange colour. I bet you got a "jellybean/bubblegum" (dyed parrot).

my parrot was greyish/green with black bars when I bought it. Then it slowly turned orange, it has been orange for awhile now. Never got that blood red color.....I wonder if it ever will?

Back
Top Bottom