Blood Parrots are suffering from Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Subha92

Aquarium Advice Regular
I need a help to cure the ich of my Blood Parrot. I've noticed the white powdery spots on the skin of my Parrot today. I've immediately raise the temp of my heater to 31℃ and add some Aquarium salt in a slow manner. He is fine, swimming like as usual. Even he is also eating like a pig. But there is no sign of curing those white spots. Even they are getting worse by time to time. I really need some help to get rid of this problem. I've attached a photograph, just have a look and tell me what will be the best treatment for my BP.
fd072a3f6a509028beb825c9ff6efbf4.jpg

I've bathed my Infected Parrot in the KMnO4 solution. Also add some KMnO4 in the main tank to disinfect it. During doing so, I've keep the filter away so that the solution could not hamper the beneficial microbial community of my filter.
The temperature is same as it was. I've done 30% water change yesterday. Hope this will help him to be cured. Let see....

I've gotten rid of the problem. I've increased the water temperature, add some salt in water and gave a KMnO4 bath for my Parrot. I've also vacumed the debrises from the gravels and did a 50% WC. Then suddenly, today I've noticed that the parrot doesn't have any white spot in his skin. I belive that the treatment worked fine. But I think I should continue the treatment for atleast 1 week more to get rid off the issue totally.

Back
Top Bottom