Blood Worm Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jones2w

Aquarium Advice Regular
how often to feed 2 juvenile cichlids (electric yellow and texas blue) blood worms?

I was also planning on feeding pellets and flake food?

The Texas cichlid would be fine having them every few days or so, but I would avoid feeding them to the Electric Yellow as they are for the most part herbivores(as with all Mbuna) and get Malawi Bloat easily when High protein foods such as bloodworms are added to their diet.

Agreed it is not recommended to feed bloodworms to malawi cichlids. Feed them a variety of flake, pellets and fresh veggies.

contrary to most mbuna, labs are omnivores, foraging for snails, insects, molluscs and along with that, some algae. so, feeding them bloodworms once or twice a week won't do any harm. also recommended as treats are brine shrimp and mysis shrimp.

so if I go with a diet oftwo different kinds of vegetable based flakes, shrimp pellets and blood worms (once in a while) they should be healthy? and show full colours?

when you guys talk about fresh veggies....do you actually mean cut up say peas or zuchinni into very small pieces and feed it to the fish ???

Back
Top Bottom