Bloodworm portioning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It may be. It's a great food to help grow your fish fast, but too much is risking constipation.

To split the cubes easily, I scoop tank water into Tupperware and melt the blood worm cube. (I like to.use a large eye-dropper to feed my fishes)

You can refreeze the portion you don't use.

It may be. It's a great food to help grow your fish fast, but too much is risking constipation.

To split the cubes easily, I scoop tank water into Tupperware and melt the blood worm cube. (I like to.use a large eye-dropper to feed my fishes)

You can refreeze the portion you don't use.

Thanks. I have been doing this and I split the cube between my tanks. I just fear I don't feed my fish enough. Most if the time they only get one feed a day. They have a variety of hikari pellets, NLS sinking pellets (very small) and bloodworm and the occasion pea. With all these foods it's hard to say if they are getting enough or not.

I'd only do half a cube of the bloodworms at a time, although shrimp or krill would be a much better and healthier frozen food choice. Cut the amount of bloodworms in half and up the amount of pellets you're feeding. As long as your fishes bellies aren't sunk in, you're more than likely feeding enough.... Just dont feed them until it looks like they swallowed a golf ball. It looks ridiculous and isn't healthy for the fish.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When I didnt have enough tanks to use a whole cube I would cut the frozen cube with a razor blade while frozen. I dont think its a good idea to refreeze after thawed.

Sent from my SPH-P500 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When I didnt have enough tanks to use a whole cube I would cut the frozen cube with a razor blade while frozen. I dont think its a good idea to refreeze after thawed.

Sent from my SPH-P500 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is what I did. Although, I just used a steak knife. Never dawned on me to use a razor; smaller and easier to cut!

Back
Top Bottom