Bloodworms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

royok73

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a mixture of peacocks and haps is it ok to feed them frozen bloodworms twice a week or will it present problems

Thanks, I do plan on getting a few yellow labs is it not good for them no

It's recommend to give Mbuna a low protein mainly vegetable based diet, so blood worms are out.

Depending on your haps and peacocks I wouldn't add any Mbuna. What size tank are we talking here?

Oh I would defiantly not get anymore fish and get a larger tank sooner rather than later. They will quickly out grow that.

Do you know what type of haps you have?

Do you mean Super VC-10 aka Placidochromis milomo?

Those are both cool fish, just keep in mind that Venestus eats primarily other fish and will try and eat anything that fits in it's mouth.

"In the wild, this species hunts small cichlids by plowing slightly into the sand when it spots small juvenile cichlids. There it remains motionless until prey are within reach."

- cichlid-forum.com

Haplochromis sp ch44
They are very small though still haven't got their colours that's interesting about the venustus he is still small
I have only started on cichlids about a month ago and I'm hoping to get them all around the same size and grow together

Haplochromis sp #44 "Thickskin" is actually from Lake Victoria not Malawi and may not get along with that mix long term. The get to be 5" and are highly aggressive.

Getting fish all the same size and having grow up together is a huge common misconception. They will get along until they sexually mature then all heck will break loose.

I understand you're new and don't fault you for it but all those fish in a small tank is a powder keg waiting to go off.

While I don't keep them anymore I am fairly adept at stocking Lake Malawi cichlids and would be more than willing to help you out.

Thank you, it looks like I have some fireworks to look forward to so ha ha ha

Ya it's all new to me and there are so much contradictory advice on line it's mind blowing

Haplochromis sp ch44
They are very small though still haven't got their colours that's interesting about the venustus he is still small
I have only started on cichlids about a month ago and I'm hoping to get them all around the same size and grow together

I know the felling I'm still pretty new to cichlids myself and there is a ton of info out there. I have been keeping them for about 4 months now and I have digested a lot of info and just when I think I have it figured out I find out I don't lol. I really like the venustus but from everything I have read I would have to agree that it is not going to be good for your tank long term. I have had to refrain from impulse purchasing them more than a few times. I have a 75g and ultimately they won't be a good fit.

Back
Top Bottom