Blue acara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlaskGordo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can somebody tell if this is a male or female? I'm curious.

image-4059227655.jpg

The fish is far to small to sex without venting, although I'd lean towards a male. The "electric" morph of aequidens pulcher is popping up more frequently. Nice looking fish, I'd be curious to see how that morph does compared to the life cycle of others such as Rocio octofasciata.

Thanks for the response. Whole reason I was asking was because as of lately he has been kind of mean to my angelfish. Doesn't bite or nip but will constantly charge at him in little jolts. I was wondering if it was a male/female characteristic of the fish. Or perhaps he is just feisty. :)
He/she is in a 29 gal tank with a ghost angelfish and a snowball pleco. Planted, wood, cichlid stone, ect. All young. Here is a photo, It's a 2 week old picture so the tank is slightly different right now.

image-3467834973.jpg

Thanks for the response. Whole reason I was asking was because as of lately he has been kind of mean to my angelfish. Doesn't bite or nip but will constantly charge at him in little jolts. I was wondering if it was a male/female characteristic of the fish. Or perhaps he is just feisty. :) He/she is in a 29 gal tank with a ghost angelfish and a snowball pleco. Planted, wood, cichlid stone, ect. All young. Here is a photo, It's a 2 week old picture so the tank is slightly different right now.
I have a common male blue acara and all he does is chase away fish from his territory, nothing much more than that. Probably he is guarding a territory.

Back
Top Bottom