Blue dolphin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joostrom

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey there guys, I just had a question I have had my blue dolphins for about a year and a bit they are reaching maturity age and they are becoming aggressive towards one another. But no one else. Is this normal?

I fairly new to this but as I understand it , it would be normal for them to start squabbling as they mature. Do you know male female ratio how many do you have , I'm sure there are many on here who will be more able to advice but I'm guessing there just arranging there dominance order etc

I agree. With most A.C's, the aggression level of the fish will rise once it starts to reach sexual maturity. To help spread out the aggression the tanks are usually, either crowded or are aquascaped with a lot of rocks. The purpose of this is so the chasee can lose the chaser among the other fish or among the rockwork. This helps to keep 1 fish from being singled out.

Like garfy asked, What size is your tank? Also, how many fish and what kinds do you presently have in your tank?

By the way, Garfy, I love that compressicep that you have as your avatar!

I have re-homed my blue dolphins to a 90gal tank, their tank mates are peacocks. I'm hoping they will breed soon the are the largest fish in my tank and starting to get really pretty!!! Any tips to get them breeding?

Attachments

• image-3071394716.jpg
    image-3071394716.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 94
Maybe you're aware, if so please disregard.. Dolphins get really big, I think 8 to 10 in. and love to swim. I'm sorry to say they will need more space, 6 feet..

Back
Top Bottom