Blue ram cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got my new 20 gallon long tank set up a week or to ago and am just about done cycling and was wondering is anyone could give me insight on blue rams and if someone could tell me also what fish they are compatible with thanks bye.

I have some with neon tetras, ghost shrimp, and angels. But with your twenty I wouldn't suggest that! Maybe a betta. You can get any small tropical community. Ive had this gbr tank for two weeks. Ive already had them lay eggs!

Ok thank you dubs i will take that into mind you said you have rams to? How do they fare with the other fish

Theyre compatible with most small community fish. Don't put them with other cichlids. They may nibble on shrimp so that's something to be cautious of. Don't place with other dwarf cichlids unless you have a slightly bigger tank :) please research which schooling fish are compatible since some may nip ;)

Most tetras should be fine. My new favorites are bloodfins. Otherwise I have them with bloodfins,neons,glowlights,Colombians,rainbows. I've heard Killies are good tank mates. I want to try them out.

I would not put an angel in a 20long. There is not enough height for it to completely grow. If you want the pair of gbr. I would get like 5 cories and maybe some neon tetras.

Back
Top Bottom