Blue rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bacon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 46 bowfront tank. Four angel fish, four serpae tetras, one bloodfin, one cory cat, one brustlenose pleco. There are also six anubias nanas, and four crypts. I do 2-3 significant water changes per week. All fish are happy and healthy. I know that stocking is a debated topic, but, how many blue rams do you think I could add while leaving room for a few more additions in the future?

I have a 46 bowfront tank. Four angel fish, four serpae tetras, one bloodfin, one cory cat, one brustlenose pleco. There are also six anubias nanas, and four crypts. I do 2-3 significant water changes per week. All fish are happy and healthy. I know that stocking is a debated topic, but, how many blue rams do you think I could add while leaving room for a few more additions in the future?

The Cory's need to be bumped up to 5 or more and so do the bloodfin a and serpaes.... After that I think u have no more room IMO...

The bloodfin is a loner left over from a school that died off due to an unfortunate accident involving a small curious child. He is schooling with the serpe tetras now, and seems happy. So, if I bump up the cory population, but not the tetras, I would be good adding two to four blue rams, correct?

The bloodfin is a loner left over from a school that died off due to an unfortunate accident involving a small curious child. He is schooling with the serpe tetras now, and seems happy. So, if I bump up the cory population, but not the tetras, I would be good adding two to four blue rams, correct?
2 maybe. But u would have to have a male and female.

Why is that? Are males aggressive toward each other?

Males are aggressive to each other, female are aggressive to each other. If u have 4 fish and 3 are female and 1 is male, the females will kill each other over the male. So either one, or m/f

Okay, cool. Now, you've triggered the nerd nerve in my brain. What if you have 2 male, 2 female?

Okay, cool. Now, you've triggered the nerd nerve in my brain. What if you have 2 male, 2 female?

You'd have to make sure their paired and that there's a lot of sight breaks in the tank. To get a pair I would see if the LFS would let you buy a bunch get 2 pairs and being the rest back for a refund.

Yeah I don't see that happening. I'm not planning on it, I just have this dysfunction that makes me want to know everything about everything that interests me. I'm a wealth of useless knowledge. It's a blessing and a curse. I'll probably end up trying to breed either those or angelfish. Probably angels because everyone in the area is having trouble with them.

Back
Top Bottom