Blue Rams Cleaning House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themanofsilver

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Recently I have been finding about a fish a day, dead at the bottom of my tank and I know it's the Blue Rams. Why are they doing this? They were perfectly peaceful for about a momth prior to this...suddenly they are killing one fish per night. So far I've lost 3 Cardinals, 1 Cory, and 1 algae eater. Please help me!

Perhaps they are getting ready to spawn. Although they aren't terribly aggressive, they will still exhibit cichlid behavior when they want to spawn. Some worse than others I imagine. Yours seem to be the more aggressive ones. What other fish are in with them?

i love the rams. they are really pretty fish. the fish with them are cardinal tetra in one tank and bloodfin tetra in the larger tank. i removed the remaining 6 cardinal tetra from the smaller 10g tank and did notice eggs this evening. i believe it must have been spawning behavior. i will take back the irridecent shark and some of the mollies tomorrow to give more room to the rams.

Back
Top Bottom