blue Zaire moba frontosa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rizzo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 6 moba fronts and there about 8 months old. My thing is they were blue in my 75g tank now I upgraded to a 150g and its been up and running a month now. They only get blue when I feed them krill then they go back pale blue, im wondering has anyone had this happen with there fronts?
I do weekly water changes add cichlid salt and buffer my ph is 8.4
Filtration fluval fx5,aquatop cf500uv, 850gph powerhead, topfin 60 for agitation. Thankx in advance if you can help me.

Maybe something is stressing them out? Have you added any new fish? Are you testing the water parameters? Stress is the main thing i would look into for fish losing color.

Yea I added a new fish but it is a acei and the fronts are 3x his size, I just upgraded from 75g tank to a 150g and I think they haven't adjusted yet. You may be rite any suggestions and I just checked my water.nitrate 40ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Ammo 0ppm
Gh 180ppm
Kh 240ppm

Your right, they just may not feel at home yet in the new tank. Im sure as they settle in they will get their vibrance back. Good luck with them.

Thankx I hope so! you can see a vid on YouTube search 1ozzir
Someone said because there still juvies this happens but as they mature color up.

Back
Top Bottom