Bolivian cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My gbr's spawned the day after a water change, with the temp around 80f. Also they have plenty of hiding places to choose from, but she laid them on a plant. In the back center of my tank.

Maybe they just aren't big enough yet, they are about 2 1/2 inches. I change the water every week but nothings happened. My water stays at 80 too.

Mine are about 2.5'', I read somewhere that they don't always pair up. How big is your tak?

The round pink bellies isn't a way to sex Bolivians. Gbr's yes. Bolivians are harder to sex. Do a Google search and you will find some ways to sex them, with pictures included.
Even if you have a male and several females doesn't mean they will pair up. I would also look at getting a bigger tank. 20 is small for several rams.

Well I got 4 because I was looking for 2 of them to pair up. Then I was going to move the other 2 to a community tank and let the pair have the 20 gal to themselves. Bad idea?

i've heard that the 2nd and third spines on the dorsal fins are longer on males

Back
Top Bottom