Bolivian Ram Perfect Number

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiFanatic

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I currently have a pair of Bolivian Rams, but I'd like to get another. I'm curious to what would be the best number of Rams to house in this size of a tank. So far here's what I have in the tank with my pair of Rams: (2) Pearl Gouramis, (2) Gold Gouramis, (1) Opaline Gourami, (5) YoYo Loaches, and (3) Dojo Loaches. My 7.5" Sailfin Pleco will coming home in a few weeks and I'm considering getting a 2nd Opaline Gourami and/or a schooling fish (haven't decided yet). So far everyone is getting along great. The only issues that I really have is that one of the Rams is more dominant than the other.

With your current fish, I would just get 1 more and see how things go. Not sure if I would bump it up to 5 yet.

Also, look at withing the next year, they are going to be roughly 3 inches each, unless you have a female, which will be around 2.5 inches. Not including tail.

Thanks, I'll take it slow and add just 1 more for now. The main thing is to split up some of the aggression. It's very little, but one of them is definantely more dominant than the other.

BreederSmart said:
You could easily add 3 more rams bro.
That would be sis. ;)

Back
Top Bottom