Bolivian ram question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pckerfreak44

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My gf has a ten gal and I showed for brs and he fell in love so could I get a male and female in the ten gal? Only tank mates will be 4 small ghost shrimp

It could work cause they only get like 4"........but a 20 would be better

I was at petsmart last week and I'm pretty sure I saw it. Not 100 percent sure. But me and the girl are going tomorrow :)

A 4" Bolivian ram would be an anomaly (which is not to say it can't happen- we once had a 4.5" Apistogramma borelli). They'll typically stay around 3" total length.

I wouldn't keep a pair in a 10 gallon, personally. Most people (myself included) can't sex them reliably anyway, so a store employee telling you it's a sexed pair is dubious IMO. A 20 gallon would be fine for a pair. If you absolutely have your heart set on using the 10 gallon, I'd suggest a single specimen rather than a pair.

We went to petsmart and petco and the tanks were a lil out of her price range. So she decided to get 1 flame gourami and 5 neon tetras. A lot better :)

Back
Top Bottom