Bolivian Rams fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meese-a-mew

Aquarium Advice Freak
Are my bolivian rams fighting and if so, why?
1 male, 1 female
My tank is a 25 gallon tank and has the 2 rams, a pleco(5in will move soon) and 5 silver tip tetras.

Usually they are kind of like "kissing" eachother and I read that that was supposed to be testing strength to see if the female could breed so I just kept an eye out for them for 1month and then today I saw that the rear fin was ripped on the female. In pictures female is one with more orange belly.
Help!!

Attachments

• image-1154233073.jpg
    image-1154233073.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 83
  • image-956191195.jpg
    image-956191195.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 106
  • image-2511077871.jpg
    image-2511077871.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 85
If your sure you have a male and female it can mean a lot of things. One may be wanting to spawn and the other not. They just may not be accepting each other as mates. It could be a lot of things. Just monitor them and if the fighting turns into more serious injuries you might want to separate. I once had a male and female B. Ram and they never accepted each other as mates. Just because you have a male and female doesn't mean they will accept each other as mates.

If your sure you have a male and female it can mean a lot of things. One may be wanting to spawn and the other not. They just may not be accepting each other as mates. It could be a lot of things. Just monitor them and if the fighting turns into more serious injuries you might want to separate. I once had a male and female B. Ram and they never accepted each other as mates. Just because you have a male and female doesn't mean they will accept each other as mates.

I really couldn't care less if the mate or not :p I just want them both to be healthy and live XD

Back
Top Bottom