Breeding Electric Yellow cichlids HEELP please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joegourami

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have a male and 3 females in a 30 gallon tank with perfect water chemistry for them, 2 HOB filters and a powerhead. I really want to breed them so any advice for me? Also the fish measure 6 cm.

If you can't get them to breed try lowering the water level down for a hour or so then start filling it up slowly. It will trick them into thinking the seasons are changing.

Another thing you candidates do is raise and lower the temp every week by a few degrees

If you can't get them to breed try lowering the water level down for a hour or so then start filling it up slowly. It will trick them into thinking the seasons are changing.

Another thing you candidates do is raise and lower the temp every week by a few degrees

Tank you for the trick :) I will try it, on the other hand. Is it normal for them to be very skittish? Everytime I walk by the tanks they hide in the rocks

Tank you for the trick :) I will try it, on the other hand. Is it normal for them to be very skittish? Everytime I walk by the tanks they hide in the rocks

I take it they are new in your tank and they will get over it with time. But they are rock dwellers so they will spend a good amounts of time in the rocks.

Really? Like guppys or mollys?

Yup, I'm trying to get rid of some of mine. I have at least 8 ranging from 2" to .5". I let natural selection take over with new fry. Normally two survive from each brood. But thanks to them, I have a tank that is way over stocked.

My labs breed whenever i do a water change and slowly add slightly cooler water to the tank. Like maybe 2 degrees cooler.

Back
Top Bottom