Breeding Kribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishilover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'am new to breeding Kribs and I was wonering if I have all the proper stuff to breed them in cuz they aren't breeding. Right now I have a male and a female wich I'm positive they are a true pair in a 10g tank with lots of plants and clay pots overturned to breed in. I jacked up the temp and feed them guppy fry(wich I bred myself not from a LFS) and a good flake they have been together for about 1 month now and the female wants to breed but the male chases her away. Now I have another true female and I tried switching females but that didn't help. Now I have a 40g community tank wich the lone female is in I tried putting them in there but the male still had no interest in either female. Also could this be a problem the male is about 3 inches and the female is about 1.5 inches could this size difference be the problem or am I doing something wrong. Or else myabe I need a new male

Any info will be greatly appreciated

mabe the female is not big/mature enough, google kribensis and see what they have under "breeding"

Back
Top Bottom