Breeding tank or Jail tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm in the process of trying to get a 125g together to solve some of my fish choice issues but until then I have red zebra issues.

I bought another 10g tank to either contain the abusive male red zebra OR I can put the holding female in there. She's due to have the babies in about 2.5 weeks or so.

So the question is, jail or "breeding" tank? Both will be only temporary til I can get a big tank up and running. Two weeks or so tops.

thanks folks :)

Attachments

• 2011-03-25_18-38-53_974.jpg
    2011-03-25_18-38-53_974.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 94
I'd put the male in there. While I think it's too small, the male will handle it better than the holding female (if you want to keep the fry).

This is what i get for leaving the computer. LOL

I caught the first one I could which turns out to be the female. Wouldn't it be better for the fry if they are seperated from the others? I thought i made the right call....

thanks for the input. :)

If you've already done it, I wouldn't take her back out and in to the other tank again. My line of thinking is that the less stress on the mother, the better... But... this will make it easier to try and save the fry ;)

One more question....since the female has been removed from the equation will the male zebra and male OB still go at it? The male zebra is healing and resting in a 10g right now. Not sure if i can put him back in.

Thanks once more!

It's really hard to say. Every fish is different. I seriously doubt that she had much to do with it. It's more of a male thing. You wouldn't understand ;)

Back
Top Bottom