Brichardi question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eggheadfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi guys,
I've been pondering ideas for my 20 gal and saw some nice brichardi at the LFS today.
I know a 20 isn't optimum and that they can get to 4-5" and breed prolifically.
If I did do a species only in the twenty and not keep any fry how many could I keep? Two? I imagine this probably isn't the best idea but just asking.
Apistos were another consideration but I've never seen them for sale around here. Not really interested in rams.

Check the east coast cichlid association forums or the connecticut aquatic club, someone there may be able to set you up with a shelldweller species or possibly an apisto species

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys! I'm not in a rush just peeking around. The guy at the LFS said a 20 gal would be no problem and they're usually really good with their info and advice but I had to triple check. Have to finish stocking my other tanks first.
Plus I have a guy at work debating getting rid of a 150g African tank and he said I would be his first call so the 20 could just stay empty if that happens ;)

Back
Top Bottom