Bristlenose pleco babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bl80

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Aren't they cute?!?! just got 16 babies for 15$. Super excited!! Lady had awesome discus tank and her son a planted tank with shrimp and these babies. They are either long finned , white or golden.... She's got a few, not sure who mother was. Time shall tell. I just need to pick up some wood for them. They will go in the 140 gal mbuna juvie tank once they grow some to grow out :)

Attachments

• image-1402856135.jpg
    image-1402856135.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 170
Awesome Plecos. I want to breed them someday. It doesn't seem that hard because I think they will start eating algae wafers when born. Not sure though.

Idk these are my first. Being out of work I couldn't afford any. Saw an add for these lil guys at $1 a piece.... Talked my hubby into it :) maybe they will breed... Everything else I have does, lol. I'm just happy I can now get rid of my high bio load commons. :) with exception of our big guy.... My son won't let go of him....

Bristlenose plecos have a high bioload too. Mine poops nonstop. Literally.
There's no telling what 16 will do

Ohh okay. Makes me mad how much mine poops haha. Im Contstantly having to vacuum it up.

My commons are super poopers, all but one are totally boring. I've always loved these lil guys. Hoping some will be long fin, but they are way to tiny to tell anything.

At least they show up.... The rest are on the plants and cholla wood I put in this am :)

Attachments

• image-3578991838.jpg
    image-3578991838.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 129
Ya all the other pix are ones I'd need to add arrows lol... And they just blend into cholla wood. 1 St day has been good!

I just got a baby albino bn for my 75 gal mbuna community tank :)

Any ideas on a grow out tank? Size, filtration, etc

I dunno, this is my first go at it. They are in a 10 g right now with a seeded fluval 205 with a sponge on the end. Once they get a lil bigger they are going in my 140 g mbuna juvie tank to grow out then separate them between all my tanks. Fingers crossed they all make it :) fed algae/spir wafer am then green bean pm.

You want a high bio cat check my sailfin out in my profile pic he's about 19 inch and have to clean up after him daily lol proper monster I love him tho he also has Facebook lol beasty catfish if you want to add him as a friend :)

Much easier kitty tv than climbing on the tank or on the chair!!

Attachments

• image-813668676.jpg
    image-813668676.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 80
Back
Top Bottom