Bubba643 180 gallon freshwater planted build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ha ha, about 200 EBA's. Haven't been able to round up the other group in the 40b yet but there's about 75 more to come.

Attachments

• IMG_1547.JPG
    IMG_1547.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 56
I put mom in the tank temporarily and she is still in full on battle mode with any fish that comes near the strainer.

Sweet!!!! I know a guy with tons of Eba fry in a paint strainer Too! Mom will go hard for sure, make sure she doesn't wear herself out. Nature's design is procreation and she doesnt know any better..

They look GOOD! I just released my first group 1 month free swimming..They are ina 40b with 2-3 month jet black swordtails and rocking the house..At 1 month free swimming they play tug of war with frozen bloodworms!

They look GOOD! I just released my first group 1 month free swimming..They are ina 40b with 2-3 month jet black swordtails and rocking the house..At 1 month free swimming they play tug of war with frozen bloodworms!
Oh geez... pics or it didn't happen[emoji14]

True forgot about shipping might be worth upgrade to prime account. Free shipping
DEFINITELY!!! Do prime!! You can also get free movies and tv shows from them while you have prime, I love it personally! Only shop from there or from my lfs

Prime is the way... just got 2-60 gallon rain barrels with free shipping.. ups must love that haha

Well no new progress on stand but I added the first plants yesterday Anub coffee, amazon sword and a melon sword. Going to see how they do and then add more. Bought a few more manzanita pieces online to be added soon.View attachment 297802

Where did you get your terra-cotta pot from? I'm trying to find one to use with my 125. Going to build rocks around it for the cave effect and use silicone to stick the rock to it. Possibly break it in half, to the best of my ability, to make 2 caves. Haha

They were in my backyard from previous owner but I saw some at lowes last time I was there. I like the cave idea, not sure if I'll leave mine in or not. Cutting in half might work, the fish love it, but it takes up a lot of swim area

They were in my backyard from previous owner but I saw some at lowes last time I was there. I like the cave idea, not sure if I'll leave mine in or not. Cutting in half might work, the fish love it, but it takes up a lot of swim area

I couldn't find any at lowes today when I was there. Maybe I can find some online somewhere. Do you think your it is a 5 gal or 3 gal pot? It's the perfect size for what I'm trying to do. If nothing else, I have some slate rock I could use for my build the neighbor generously gave me. I have everything else except for the rock at this point.

And I agree on the swim area but I think if I can get it to break in half I will have the perfect set up for my tank. I'm starting on the sand/substrate tomorrow. I will update with pics.

I couldn't find any at lowes today when I was there. Maybe I can find some online somewhere. Do you think your it is a 5 gal or 3 gal pot? It's the perfect size for what I'm trying to do. If nothing else, I have some slate rock I could use for my build the neighbor generously gave me. I have everything else except for the rock at this point.

And I agree on the swim area but I think if I can get it to break in half I will have the perfect set up for my tank. I'm starting on the sand/substrate tomorrow. I will update with pics.

Dremel and a cutting disk.

Back
Top Bottom