Bumblebee cichlid Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kingcichlid87

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi guys my bumblebee laid eggs about 3 days ago now and i dont know if i should move her to her own tank or leave her where she is and let her spit them when they are ready but im worried about the other bumblebees eating them. will they eat them ?

i have a jewel trigon 350 and i have 5 females and 2 male bumblebees all inbetween 3-5 inches. im thinking of selling some of my bumblebees and only keeping 2-3 females and 1 male and getting msome diffrent fish or just sell them all and get some diffrent cichlids altogether.

thanks guys look forward to hearing back from people

They will eat the fry if she spits in the main tank. If you want to keep them i would move her to another tank.

Yes leave it bare bottom. You can put something in there for the mom to hide in though.

yea ok i got some ocean rocks or lava rocks i can use . would the mother eat them ? i dont know as i have never bred africans before .. thanks again in advance

If it is her first time she may swollow the eggs before they even hatch. After she releases the fry in the tank i would leave her in there for a few days to get her strength back and eat, then put her back in the main tank. Ive left a mother with the fry for too long before and she had them for lunch.

thats what im worried about .i dont think its her first time as the guy i got them off has had the fish for around 4 years. there breeding all the time . i just looked im my tank and the males trying it again and i just moved the female to her own tank. so im guessing uim gunna have another female with eggs again soon

Ya these fish breed faster than rabbits. I had over 300 fry of different species at one time. It got out of hand lol so now i just let them spit in the tank and nature takes its course.

ye lol. ill have to try sell some when there a sellable size. oh another question as the female is holding eggs at the moment will she still be able to eat ?

Mouthbrooders will typically hold for 14 - 28 days (depending on the species), during which time the female will not eat.

Back
Top Bottom