Bumblebee cichlid help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cr85dirtbik

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, my bumblebee african cichlid is flashing (from what ive read). He is also "scratching" against rocks, gravel, and wall. Also ive noticed him swim with his forehead near the surface? Not sure what its about? He is new, and is barely eating the tropical flakes and cichlid sticks that i break up for him. Not sure if he has ick or what? Thanks.

These are pictures(sorry bad quality) of him(or her) at the top, and racing by the side glass.

Attachments

• image-3164625262.jpg
    image-3164625262.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 123
  • image-2935805885.jpg
    image-2935805885.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 117
These are pictures(sorry bad quality) of him(or her) at the top, and racing by the side glass.

Can you try and get some better pictures please? Do you have a lot of surface water movement? Do you see anything that doesn't look right on the outside of the fish or not shaped right?

I will get pictures later, but i have the filter and aerater going, so there is alot of surface movement. He also looks fine on the outside. Theres no marks, red spots, bumps or anything.

Also the power went out all yeaterday so nothing was running, could that be why?

Test your water I had a similar issue and my ammonia was high

I have the same thing with my fish rubbing against things in my tank don't think its a problem

I will check for ammonia when i can, i tested the other day and everything was perfect.

Attachments

• image-2231321401.jpg
    image-2231321401.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 83
  • image-1681886659.jpg
    image-1681886659.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 82
I feed him these, split in 4.

Attachments

• image-2046971166.jpg
    image-2046971166.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 74
Do u use strips? Cuz they suck

Elaborate alittle rather than just saying they suck.
Strips are considered to be inaccurate compared to liquid tests. I actually think the ammonia sticks are ok, mine are good enough to show amounts of ammonia. I tested some with an api liquid kit. So theyre good enough to know a water change is in order.

I will get pictures later, but i have the filter and aerater going, so there is alot of surface movement. He also looks fine on the outside. Theres no marks, red spots, bumps or anything.

An aerator and one filter may not cut it. First things first what size tank is it?

I would recommend a master test kit. Also, my bumblebee was doing the same thing. I used aquarium salt (double dose) and in a couple days, all was well.

Back
Top Bottom