Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-23-2013, 03:00 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Buying Calvus and mixing with Frontosas

Does anyone know a good place to buy Gold or Black Calvus online? I looked all over, but they're out of stock on most websites. Live fish direct and liveaquaria is out of stock too. My LFS sells 1" black calvus, but at 44.99 each I can't afford to build the Tanganyikan tank I want. How long does it take to go from a 1" fry to a breeding size? I saw a place an online store on ebay that sells them for under $20 and on Buy African Cichlids online and learn how to Breed Cichlids by species but I'm not sure if this company is credible or just some breeder selling out of his garage. Lol... Any recommendation? And will small calvus fry be compatible with frontosas that are about 3 to 4 inches? Thanks

Old 09-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycichlid View Post
Does anyone know a good place to buy Gold or Black Calvus online? I looked all over, but they're out of stock on most websites. Live fish direct and liveaquaria is out of stock too. My LFS sells 1" black calvus, but at 44.99 each I can't afford to build the Tanganyikan tank I want. How long does it take to go from a 1" fry to a breeding size? I saw a place an online store on ebay that sells them for under $20 and on Buy African Cichlids online and learn how to Breed Cichlids by species but I'm not sure if this company is credible or just some breeder selling out of his garage. Lol... Any recommendation? And will small calvus fry be compatible with frontosas that are about 3 to 4 inches? Thanks
Altolamprologus calvus or compressiceps are EXTREMELY slow growers, will take at least a couple years to grow them out, minimum...

What size tank is this going o be?

Tags
calvus, frontosa, mixing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com