Buying fish online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

derekb132

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm thinking of buying some mbuna online because I have no local breeders and the pet stores have little to no cichlids and the ones they do have are small and sickly. Any sites I should check out or stay away from?

derekb132 said:
I'm thinking of buying some mbuna online because I have no local breeders and the pet stores have little to no cichlids and the ones they do have are small and sickly. Any sites I should check out or stay away from?

Aquabid for fish auctions. I've used it for years with only 2 DOAs and shipping from around the world. Just make sure you choose sellers with high ratings and DOA guarantees.

A lot of others say LiveAquaria is a good one, but I have not bought fish from them yet. Though I do get dry goods from them.

Well, where do you live? Cause you can get some from right here in my living room lol j/k
I hot all mine from Buy Freshwater African Cichlids at Live Fish Direct: Freshwater Aquarium Fish Breeder plus you can always check craigslist out.there are a ton of places you can look into that I'm sure everyyone is going to tell you about. Hey and by the way welccome to the site

Thanks!! I'll check those sites out! I'm getting really excited about starting my tank but I wanna make sure I do it right.

derekb132 said:
Thanks!! I'll check those sites out! I'm getting really excited about starting my tank but I wanna make sure I do it right.

Just make sure the tank gets cycled before buying the fish. It usually takes anywhere between 2-8 weeks to cycle, depending on how you do it. There are several methods of cycling, and everyone seems to do it differently. If you have any questions along the way, everyone here is pretty fast to respond. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom