buying fish today need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris86

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tank is fully cycled now and am looking at getting 3 species one being yellow labs. The local petsmart has the best yellow around me. But a few others a little feather away have better selections then the local petsmart dose. So my question is can I buy the 1m 4f yellow today and add the other 2 species in a week or two.

What size are the labs to be able to buy 1m 4f in one visit to petsmart sounds tricky. Thou must stress I'm in uk an never seen a " petsmart"

Just to weigh in, buying the male on the same day from the same place as the females may result in inbreeding. Just a thought

So how would you all advise me to buy they get new fish every Thursday. Should i buy the 1 male first or a group of females. Also if they are smaller and cant tell sex should i just buy 6 or 7 at one time.

Just to weigh in, buying the male on the same day from the same place as the females may result in inbreeding. Just a thought

I wouldn't be worried about that. They get a shipment in each week and the chances that some are that related to cause a problem are quite slim. They go through tons of fish and get them in huge quantities..they chance is the same of almost any fish of the same species that you buy from petsmart.

Back
Top Bottom