Can 2 angelfish live happily in a 29g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Averyf

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I get different answers everywhere i look. Right now I have a juvenile koi angelfish, I want him to have a friend, but only if they will be happy there long term.

What do you guys think?

Read more: Can 2 angelfish live happily in a 29g? - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources

4uc589.jpg

Avery, IMO two Angels in your 29 gal will be okay. Remember, Angels are cichlids and it's not a good idea to stock two males together. Try to determine the sex of your current Angel, then stock accordingly.

I have a breeding pair in my 29G Breeder just for a month or so now being that they kept fighting with their tank mates and making their life miserable.

BUT I have 2 Angels in my 72G tank and they are as big as my hand - medium F sized, and extra long pectoral fins, maybe 9" long fins, the fish is half the height of my 72G tank, they really swim a lot and the amount of space I think they should have would be 4 foot long tank for swimming.

My breeding pair is a bit smaller that the other ones - they used to all live in the same tank.

In a 29G they probably will not grow to their full grandeur, and really not have that much room to swim, just kind of wander around.

If you decide to do them in a 29G I might only do one, and i would hope you do good sized pwc every week and not overstock the tank for the best results.

In ur tank there's alot of short decoration, might try to put some taller stuff on each side. Give them the feel of they're own space. Seeing each other all the time might make them feel like they're in each others spot. Some angel fish after about 7-9 months old (and up) they start going into territory demand. (Because they want to mate) try taller stuff. Give them there hiding areas. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom