Can anyone identify the fish on the right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MistyMichelle

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had it for well over a year but the place I got it from did not even know what it was. I did some online searching with no luck. Maybe someone here can help?

Attachments

• image-2309920881.jpg
    image-2309920881.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 201
75 gallon tank. Fish is about 6-7 inches long now. This picture was taken when I first got it and now that is said the color has grown a little darker in the passed year. The water levels are fine, is there something I can put in it's diet to help color? Now he eats cichlid pellets and sometimes blood worms. I used to give them feeders but I believe a bad batch killed my Oscar.

that tank is too smalol for both of them,pick your fav and rehome the other

that tank is too smalol for both of them,pick your fav and rehome the other

Have you personally tried to keep 2 large fish in a 75g or is this more of well that's what I read on other forums...this constant flow of repeating things without personal experience on this site is getting old. These fish with good water conditions and diet of quality pellets like NLS they will be fine together, with the only issue being possible aggression.

The fish is a red devil/midas and from that picture looks like a female since there is no hump present. These two fish have been so interbred it's almost impossible to tell the difference at that size, and the coloration is normal.

Last edited:
Have you personally tried to keep 2 large fish in a 75g or is this more of well that's what I read on other forums...this constant flow of repeating things without personal expeirience on this site is getting old. These fish with good water conditions and diet they will be fine together, with the only issue being possible aggression.
i know its not definite,but the OP may go home 1 day to find only one left,and it may not be there fav. but if you think its fine,ill liste to you,because you know more about cichlids than me

I was worried about aggression but they worked ok together. Like I said earlier the Oscar died a day after I fed them feeders. (this happened 6 months ago) There was no sign of injury so I'm assuming something was wrong with the feeder fish. I have not given my fish in question them since. Now he lives with one bottom feeder and seems well in his environment. Just didn't know what (she) was.

More than likely it is a female Red Devil. Color is nut un-natural. I had a male with even less orange. As far as feeder goldfish, I kept two small quarantine tanks in the past. Upon purchasing a batch of goldfish. I would place them in a tank for 1 week. If none died i would transfer to tank two. I would only feed from thank two. If there was deaths in tank one I would treat it and stabilize them before moving. I would also avoid feeders from tanks with dead fish.

i know its not definite,but the OP may go home 1 day to find only one left,and it may not be there fav. but if you think its fine,ill liste to you,because you know more about cichlids than me

You could say that phrase to almost everyone who keeps more than one fish, most fish have the capability to inflict damage or kill each other.

HUKIT said:
Have you personally tried to keep 2 large fish in a 75g or is this more of well that's what I read on other forums...this constant flow of repeating things without personal experience on this site is getting old. These fish with good water conditions and diet of quality pellets like NLS they will be fine together, with the only issue being possible aggression.

The fish is a red devil/midas and from that picture looks like a female since there is no hump present. These two fish have been so interbred it's almost impossible to tell the difference at that size, and the coloration is normal.

Amen. We should start our own forum HUKIT.

Back
Top Bottom