Can i use the output nozzle...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakepen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can I use the output nozzle on my 406 to break the surface? I was thinking, maybe cut the tube a bit shorter, so it barely sits beneath the water, causing breakage on the surface. Would prolonged use of the output nozzle above the water, have any damage to it? Anybody with canister experience, chime in.

Can I use the output nozzle on my 406 to break the surface? I was thinking, maybe cut the tube a bit shorter, so it barely sits beneath the water, causing breakage on the surface. Would prolonged use of the output nozzle above the water, have any damage to it? Anybody with canister experience, chime in.

I'm not sure what the question is? All my fluval output nozzles are designed to create surface agitation?

The tube goes on the intake, you could cut that depending on how low you would want it. The output goes right off the white rubber connector that goes on the hose. Aim the output upwards to stir up the surface. That's what I did on my 406.

Attachments

• image-780929573.jpg
    image-780929573.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 59
The tube goes on the intake, you could cut that depending on how low you would want it. The output goes right off the white rubber connector that goes on the hose. Aim the output upwards to stir up the surface. That's what I did on my 406.

I do not believe mine came with a suction cup... Otherwise I would just point it upwards like that.

That's all I need to do actually, find a suction cup for the output.

Suction cup is part of the 2 part plastic u bend where the hose goes. Might be removable but can't remember, it's been awhile.

Just checked, they are removable, they just slide into the u bend lower plastic piece.

Back
Top Bottom