Can leopard bush fish live with South American cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Runsoncoffee

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a community South American cichlid tank stocked with rainbows, platies, tetras, 1 blue acara, 1 blood parrot, 2 fire mouth cichlids.
I’ve been wanting to add a smaller colorful cichlid, but haven’t found one to my liking. A leopard bush or two would make a great addition to the tank, and they have plenty of patterning.
Would they work with my tank? Everything I’m seeing about their tank mates says ‘no bite sized fish’ and ‘no African cichlids’. but I’m not seeing anything about South American cichlids

It seems that any fish which would be mouth sized would be considered food. The others would probably work depending on if the fish has adequate plants and floating cover for feeling secure. And the other fish wouldn't be trying to eat the Leopard Bush fish.

Did you get it yet, try and see how it went?

It seems that any fish which would be mouth sized would be considered food. The others would probably work depending on if the fish has adequate plants and floating cover for feeling secure. And the other fish wouldn't be trying to eat the Leopard Bush fish.

Did you get it yet, try and see how it went?

Yes I’ve gotten them already. Purchased two incase one did get eaten. They’re both doing very well, they have some neat behavior and it’s quite fun to watch them!

They are very attractive. Are you dangling any food for them with a long tweezer? Dipping it in abd outvto get their attention. Have floating stems or floater plants like red root floaters. The muted darker areas give them comfort. Maybe that could help their shyness.

They are very attractive. Are you dangling any food for them with a long tweezer? Dipping it in abd outvto get their attention. Have floating stems or floater plants like red root floaters. The muted darker areas give them comfort. Maybe that could help their shyness.

I’ve got a lot of plants, and they’re starting to get more comfortable with everything. I get some frozen or wet flakes so they sink to the bottom where the bush fish are

Back
Top Bottom