Can you sex my Apisto?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The flash is too bright to really see anything...what species is it? apistogramma cacatuoides 'white gold'?

I think it's a female for sure! Just not a double orange, my Lfs just got some in that look like yours, only thing is they do not know exactly what kind it is.. They have it labeled as "???? Apisto cac"

It's an apistogramma cacatuoides "orange gold". A color morph of a regular cacatuoides, just like reds, double/triple/super reds, orange flash, double orange, etc etc. And yes, appears to be female

I'm guessing that fish is just barely an inch long, if so it is almost impossible to sex especially with the white gold/orange gold strain since there is a total lack of color and markings at such a small size

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm guessing that fish is just barely an inch long, if so it is almost impossible to sex especially with the white gold/orange gold strain since there is a total lack of color and markings at such a small size Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
I'm going to disagree, I'm pretty confident you can sex some apisto's just by facial structure and body shape, I think I have my fry sexed and they're only 3/8"-1/2"...

Good luck with sexing at that size my 20+ years with S.A. dwarves says it is not possible
Juveniles all look the same until they start to mature which is over an inch in length

Good luck with sexing at that size my 20+ years with S.A. dwarves says it is not possible Juveniles all loom the same until they start to mature which is over an inch in length Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
haha I regretted that post, I checked your profile afterwards, I'm going to post pics later!! You could tell me if I'm stupid/crazy/hoping??? I guess when you want atleast a couple females your brain plats tricks on you???

Here is a good example this is A. Allpahauyo it is barely over an inch long and most would say it is female, but it is male, the pair spawned last week

Attachments

• 1398167014331.jpg
    1398167014331.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 46
Lol he had emptied his gut prior to me getting the photo so it's plays a bit of a trick on the eye

Back
Top Bottom